Love us? Inform us! Fill out the 10 question survey to help us become even more proficient! Please copy and paste the link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BQFT5BH Thanks!
PROViDE is a non-profit organization that offers long-term ecological solutions to stimulate struggling economies in areas of developing nations recovering from disaster.
A FEW OF OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES:
- Participating in recovery and livelihood enhancement projects more effectually invests people in their own long-term recuperation.
- Creating innovative solutions by synthesizing traditional and scientific knowledge must include affected community members in every step: needs assessment, design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Improving initiatives must occur cyclically and be based on evaluation by community participants and technical supporters.
- Eventually handing over every element of a project to local constituents is a key indices of program effectiveness.
- Offering skills and knowledge rather than handouts and charity truly empowers individuals and communities.
- Reaching out to individuals outside of disaster zones, and exposing disasters through presentations and events builds awareness and creates global communities of caring.
- Sustainability must balance social, economic and ecological elements, AKA, the triple bottom-line.